Back to Deighton
Removal Instructions for Astrum Antivirus Pro using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Print out these instructions as we will need to close
every window that is open later in the fix (or view them on another
- Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, or MBAM, from the
following location and save it to your desktop:
Anti-Malware Download Link
- Once downloaded,
close all programs and Windows on your computer, including this one.
- Double-click on the icon on your desktop named Download_mbam-setup.exe.
This will start the installation of MBAM onto your computer.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts
in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes
to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure
you leave both the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
checked. Then click on the Finish button.
- MBAM will now automatically start and you will see a
message stating that you should update the program before performing a scan.
As MBAM will automatically update itself after the install, you can press
the OK button to close that box and you
will now be at the main program as shown below.
- On the Scanner tab, make
sure the the Perform quick scan option is
selected and then click on the Scan button
to start scanning your computer for Astrum Antivirus
Pro related files.
- MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware.
This process can take quite a while, so we suggest you go and do something
else and periodically check on the status of the scan. When MBAM is scanning
it will look like the image below.
- When the scan is finished a message box will appear as
shown in the image below.
You should click on the OK button to close the message box and continue with
the Astrum Antivirus Pro removal process.
- You will now be back at the main Scanner screen. At this
point you should click on the Show Results
- A screen displaying all the malware that the program found
will be shown as seen in the image below. Please note that the infections
found may be different than what is shown in the image.
You should now click on the Remove Selected
button to remove all the listed malware. MBAM will now delete all of the
files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When
removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of
them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow
it to do so. Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please
continue with the rest of the steps.
- When MBAM has finished removing the malware, it will open
the scan log and display it in Notepad. Review the log as desired, and then
close the Notepad window.
- You can now exit the MBAM program.
- If you're still infected, try ComboFix
(at your own risk!)